Six regulars were in attendance tonight as we discussed the challenge of coming up with a new name and, possibly, a new format that includes technical discussions.
Not many suggestions regarding a new name, since some of the original CocoaHeads were unable to make this meeting. Hopefully, they will be able to attend next month’s event.
As for the technical discussions, we considered formalizing the tech talks; having a volunteer speak on a topic of their choice for 15-30 minutes during each meeting. We’re still working out the details.
The discussions this evening included:
- Manjaro Linux Distro:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manjaro_Linux
- RF | 802.11 on 2-meter frequency or 2 Ghz: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11
- SOPRA: Southern Oregon Packet Rad Assoc; messages; no encryption permitted on Ham Radios; Illegal per FCC: https://www.qsl.net/soapra/
- New iPhone:https://www.apple.com/iphone-xs/
- Ze Frank:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ze_Frank
- DDOS Services: Distributed Denial of Service
- Who around the Rogue Valley is running Linux? Companies?
- Open Source CRM
- Cloud Provider: Linode.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linode
- Virtual Private Server: VPS
Join us next month, on Thursday, October 11, starting at 6:00 p.m. at Luna Cafe. The presentation will be on either phishing or SMTP.
Copyright © 2018, FPP, LLC. All rights reserved.